Jumbo Shells Stuffed With Spinach And Corn
10 oz leaf spinach (frozen or fresh)
10 oz corn kernels (frozen or can)
12 oz jumbo shells
1 tbsp chicken consomme
¼ tsp pepper
1 tbsp salt
24 oz can of diced tomato with basil
½ cup of warm water
3 oz tomato paste
¼ cup of grapeseed oil
Dry cilantro for garnish
Prepare the shells according to instructions on the box.
Filling and topping:
- Add salt, pepper and chicken consomme to spinach and corn. Fry it together in a deep skillet with grapeseed oil until the vegetables get tender on medium flame.
- Take prepared shells and fill it up with the spinach and corn. Don’t put too much filling, you want it to be enough and the shells to stay closed. If you have leftover vegetables leave it as a side dish to the meal.
- Put the shells with filling into the same deep skillet and add the diced tomato with basil onto the shells.
- Add tomato paste that was mixed with warm water onto the shells.
- Close the skillet cover and let it all cook for about 10 min on medium flame.
- Garnish with dried cilantro and enjoy.